New Game Plus (Hard Difficulty ) for Final Fantasy 7 Remake contains information regarding the following assets that can be brought into playing another playthrough after finishing the game for the first time. Players will see some differences with the initial playthrough, and get to carry over certain progress.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake New Game Plus (Hard Mode)
How to unlock Hard Difficulty?
- Hard difficulty is unlocked after you complete the game on any difficulty.
- You can complete the chapters in any order via chapter select as long as you finish them all.
Changes applied to Hard Difficulty
- Enemies have more health and deal more damage.
- You can't use Consumables
- MP doesn’t regenerate
- Benches only restore HP, not MP
- You gain 2x XP from Enemies
- You gain 3x AP from Enemies
- Some Equipment is only available through Hard Difficulty
What is carried over to Hard Difficulty ?
Tips For Beating Hard Mode
- Healing: Healing is mandatory as you won't be able to use items. Equip Materia that allow your Characters to heal back up.
- Smash Crates to recover MP. You won't be able to recharge MP at benches, so smash crates to recover it.
- If you are using Cloud, use your parry. Parrying allows you to prevent most damage. Due to the reduced options to recover Health, using the parry option will allow you to save precious HP.