The Gate Won't Open
|Quest Type||Discovery Quest|
|Location||Sector 5 Slums|
|Related Chapter||Chapter 8: Budding Bodyguard|
|Reward/s||Opens up a shortcut.|
The Gate Won't Open is a Discovery Quest in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Quests are various tasks that players can be obtained throughout the game by some events or various NPCs. Discovery Quests are optional but provide rewards when completed.
The Gate Won't Open Related NPCs & Characters
The Gate Won't Open Objectives
- Find a way around the gate.
- Open the locked gate.
The Gate Won't Open Walkthrough
- During Chapter 8: Budding Bodyguard, once you escape the church, you'll have to reach the residential area with Aerith via the Scrapyard Back Alley.
- You won't miss it since about halfway into the scrapyard, you'll come across a gate where it won't open when you flip the switch. This is when the discovery event is unlocked when you flip the switch.
- Basically, you just need to work your way around it.
- Progress through the scrapyard first until you enter the large area, you'll encounter a new enemy which is the Smogger.
- After defeating the enemies, climb up the nearby ladder at the corner right side of the section.
- At the top, you'll find yourself on the other side of the same gate that wasn't opening earlier.
- Flip the switch to unlock it which also completes this discovery event.
- There aren't any rewards but instead, you'll open up a shortcut that you can use later when you return here.
Notes & Tips
- Notes, Tips, and other info goes here
|Final Fantasy 7 Remake Discovery Quests|
28 Apr 2020 02:25
(Note) This gate should be opened before you open the gate that leads to the slum's plaza or the "discovery quest" will not be marked as "cleared" in the chapter menu. *Might be a glitch"*, as it won't be checked off as completed even if you open this shortcut after.