Shears’ Counterattack is a Side Quests in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Quests are various tasks that players can be obtained throughout the game by some events or various NPCs. Side Quests are optional but provide rewards when completed.
- Head to the Colosseum and select the "Special Match"
- Defeat the Jury-Rigged Cutter and claim your reward
- Head to the Colosseum
- Fight and defeat Jury-Rigged Cutter.
- To unlock this side quest you must do the following
- Ignore Johnny's discovery event: Vagabond Johnny and select No when you speak to him
- Do not gamble when you are prompted by Sam, choose "No Deal"
- Pay 3000 Gil for the "Luxury Course" massage treatment at Madam M's place.
- Equip Cloud with the Blue Elemental Materia and Green Lightning Materia linked on his weapon. This does significant damage to the Cutter, especially when using Abilities and Limit Breaks.
- The name of the mission is a reference to a Mobile Suit Gundam Series movie called "Char's Counterattack". This is backed up by the coloring of the Jury-Rigged Cutter's color being the same shade of red as Char Aznable's Sazabi Mobile Suit in the movie.