Chapter 17: Deliverance from Chaos
|Quest Type||Story Quest|
|Boss||Rufus and Darkstar
|Prev. Quest:||Chapter 16: The Belly of the Beast|
|Next Quest:||Chapter 18: Destiny’s Crossroads|
Chapter 17: Deliverance from Chaos is a Story Quest in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Quests are various tasks that players can be obtained throughout the game by some events or various NPCs. Story Quest are mandatory to complete Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
- Unknown Entity
- Mark II Monodrive
- M.O.T.H. Unit
- Sentry Launcher
- Enhanced Shock Trooper
- Jenova Dreamweaver
- Rufus and Darkstar
- The Arsenal
- Reinforced Staff
- Enfeeblement Ring
- Phoenix Down
- Poison Materia
- Twin Stinger
- Time Materia
- Mega Potion
- Force Bracelet
- Astral Cuff
- Chain Bangle
- Astral Cuff
- A Way Out
- Find the Others
- The Ominous Trail
- The Showdown
- The Great Escape
- A Way Out
- Upon starting the chapter, the whole team will be in a room of the Specimen Enclosures in Hojo's lab where Aerith was kept when she was young.
- Open the chest that's in the room to obtain 1x Reinforced Staff, a new weapon for Aerith.
- Progress the scenario by talking to Aerith twice to trigger a cutscene.
- Head outside of the room and check the other room on the left to find a chest that has 1x Enfeeblement Ring. The room on the right has another chest as well containing a tuft of Phoenix Down.
- Next to the door of the hallway, you'll find another chest that has a bottle of Ether.
- Once you're outside, you can use the bench and vending machine on the left side if you need to. If you're good to go, head to the right path and follow the others back to where you fought the specimen boss.
- Ride the lift on the right side of the room to reach the upper level where you'll find the pods destroyed.
- You'll be ambushed by a group of Unknown Entity enemies. Kill the enemies while Barret and Red handle the debris blocking the stairs.
- After the battle, you'll be able to pass through the stairs and head to the elevator where Cloud passed out in Chapter 16. You'll reach the 68th Floor of the laboratory at the restricted level.
- Go around the walkway until you reach Jenova. Shortly after, Sephiroth appears and you'll fall from the walkway that he cuts. Causing the team to be separated from each other.
- Find the Others
- You'll recover as Cloud and you'll have to find the others on your own through The Drum. Proceed forwad and flip the siwtch so that you can use the pods to cross the other side.
- Head down the collapsed walkway until you reach the bottom section where you'll encounter Monodrive enemies.
- As you continue forward, about midway, turn right and head towards the end to find 1x Poison Materia.
- Proceed further to the next section and you'll find Red XIII. Unfortunately, you won't be able to control him or check his stats and change his equipment, but instead, he will fight alongside as a guest member of your party. Fight the two Unknown Entity enemies before heading to the objective.
- Head up the collapsed walkway and up the stairs. You'll be given a tutorial regarding Red XIII's leaping action. When a red icon appears, this means you can ask him for help to reach a certain point by pressing the [Triangle] button. Try it out and he'll be able to cross the other side and flip the switch for Cloud so that he can cross by using the pods.
- Before heading towards Red XIII's position, cross the pods that are behind you to find a chest at the end where you can obtain a tuft of Phoenix Down. Go back and head towards Red's position.
- On the other side, before you head further to the next section, there's a small room where you can find a bench and vending machine.
- When you're ready, continue forward and head to the 1st Ward. This triggers a new main scenario.
- Find Barret
- About midway up the stairs, you'll hear Barret. Head inside the room and help him defeat the Monodrive and Mark II Monodrive enemies. Barret will be added to your active party and you'll be able to control him or issue commands. Red XIII, on the other hand, will help as well, still as a guest member.
- After clearing the group, two Unknown Entity enemies will ambush you and after defeating them, the M.O.T.H. Unit will be activated and fight you. once you've defeated the enemies, the door ahead of you will open and you'll need to find Tifa and Aerith before heading to the roof.
- Once you exit the room, the door behind you will close. Before heading up the stairs, make sure to open the chest on the left side to acquire a new weapon for Cloud, the Twin Stinger.
- Continue up the stairs and you'll reach another point where you'll command Red XIII to cross the other side. A short cutscene will trigger where you'll find Tifa and Aerith on the higher level. Cross the pods after he pulls the lever.
- After crossing, head inside the room on the right where you'll find a chest where you can collect 3,000 Gil.
- Go around the booth Aerith and Tifa are in and you'll find a console. Interact with it so that you can talk to the girls via the intercom. From here, you'll be able to choose who you want to play as first, Tifa and Aerith, or Barret and Cloud.
- You'll want to switch parties first. If you need to switch to Cloud and Barret, just use the same intercom panel.
- Research the 3rd Ward
- As Tifa and Aerith, you'll need to search the 3rd Ward. Head up the stairs and work your way to the entrance of the 3rd Ward.
- When you reach the door, you'll find a room next to it where you can use a bench and a vending machine to restock on supplies.
- Head past the door and flip the switch at the end of the platform for the pods to appear. Jump onto it to reach the other platform where you'll find a chest containing a bottle of Ether.
- Go back to the previous platform and use the PHS intercom terminal near the door leading to the 3rd Ward to switch parties.
- Use the Central Terminal
- Back as Cloud, you'll be able to reach the next platform via the pods.
- You'll be ambushed by a Blast-Ray and Slug-Ray once you cross the opposite platform.
- After defeating the enemies, pull the nearby lever for a bridge to appear next to it.
- Cross to the other side via the bridge that just appeared to find a Time Materia on the left side at the edge of the platform.
- Next, pull the switch that has the "03" label written on it to open the 3rd Ward door.
- Use the PHS intercom terminal to switch back to Tifa and Aerith
- Research the 3rd Ward
- Head inside the 3rd Ward as Tifa and Aerith. You'll reach a dead-end room and you'll see another switch. Pull it and it opens a large door back in the hallway where you'll encounter two Unknown Entity enemies.
- After defeating the enemies, squeeze through the tight gap of the door and you'll find a room full of cages.
- In the middle of the room, on the right side, go behind the cage and you'll find a chest containing 1x Mega Potion.
- Next, proceed to the next room and you'll encounter three Bloodhound enemies that'll break out from their cages.
- Once you've defeated them, go under the obstacle and head outside the hallway section.
- From the hallway, go left first and you'll find another chest where you can collect 5,000 Gil.
- Head to the other side of the hallway and you'll encounter a Zenene enemy.
- After defeating it, head inside the room on the right and pull the switch to unlock the door that leads to the next section of the hallway.
- Next, head inside the next room and head up the stairs to the second floor. Walk onto the pipes and about halfway, the pipe will collapse causing Aerith and Tifa to fall onto the ground.
- You'll now have to fight two Zenene enemies. After killing the enemies, climb up the nearby ladder to reach the pipes. You'll be able to find a chest containing 1x Mega Potion.
- Also, on the opposite side of the room, you'll find a switch that you can pull which opens the large door next to it. You'll be able to open the chest now inside the cage to find 1x Force Bracelet.
- You've cleared the area, so head to the marked objective and go out the central section.
- Continue forward and go down the stairs, on the right side, there's a chest containing a bottle of Ether, next, head to the path on the left. You'll encounter Sentry Launcher enemies. Once you've defeated it, climb up the ladder, pull the switch to activate the pods. Cross the other side and use PHS intercom terminal to switch to Cloud's party.
- Back as Cloud, pull the switch that has the "02" mark written on it at the Central Terminal. With the pods activated by Tifa, you'll now be able to cross and reach the 2nd Ward.
- Before you head through the unlocked door, there's another room next to it where you can use a bench to rest and a vending machine to restock on items.
- When you're ready, head to the 2nd ward until you reach the hallway section. Enter the waste disposal room on the left and you'll be locked inside while you fight off a group of Zenene enemies.
- Hojo then appears from the terminal above you and after his speech, the doors will open.
- Proceed through the door on the right to exit the other side of the hallway. Make sure to check behind the crates on the right side to find a chest containing 1x Astral Cuff.
- Continue forward to the next disposal room and you'll be locked inside again while you face the M.O.T.H. Unit. After the battle, exit the room and head inside the next section of the hallway, into the third disposal room where a cutscene will trigger.
- Red XIII manages to reach Hojo but is captured. Shortly after, a new type of enemy appears where Cloud and Barret are, which is the Sledgeworm. Use lightning-based attacks to hit its weakness.
- Once you've defeated the enemies, head towards the control room where Red is. Head inside the next room, and before heading up the stairs, check the corner on the right side to find a chest containing 1x Chain Bangle. You can also follow the corridor to the north to reach a dead end with a chest containing 2x Remedy.
- Eventually, as you progress, you'll reach a large room that has a lot of folding screen curtains. Just as when you're about to exit the room, you'll be locked in and you'll encounter the Brain Pod, the mechanical enemy that captured Red earlier.
- After defeating it, you'll be able to reach the central section. Head up the stairs and once you reach the top, where the door of the 4th ward is, there is a small room to the south-west with a vending machine and bench if you need them. Next, go down the stairs opposite the ones you came up and have Red cross and pull the lever at the end to activate the pods. Cross the other side, defeat the Unknown Entity enemies.
- You'll be prompted a new task which is to rescue Red XIII since he has fallen to a lower level. His health will be indicated on the screen and you'll need to reach him before his health reaches zero. Use the PHS intercom terminal and switch back to Tifa.
- Rescuing Red XIII
- Back as the ladies, cross the pods to the other platform and two Sledgeworm enemies will appear from the holes on the ground. After defeating the enemies, climb down the ladder and you'll face 2x Enhanced Shock Trooper enemies.
- Quickly kill them and proceed forward to reach Red XIII. Help him defeat the rest of the Unknown Entity enemies.
- To the Central Terminal
- After the battle, head down the stairs and command Red XIII to cross the other side and to pull the switch. Next, pull the lever in the middle for the bridge to appear, Slug-Ray and Shock-Ray enemies will spawn after you pull the lever.
- Once you've cleared the enemies, head to the central terminal and activate switch number 04. Use the nearby intercom terminal to switch back to Cloud.
- 4th Ward
- As you cross the pods, you'll encounter two Unknown Entity enemies. Head up the stairs and make your way towards the door leading to the 4th Ward.
- Go inside the large pipe and go left first. You'll find a chest containing 2x Mega Potion. Continue to the right side and pull the switch for the door next to it to open.
- Continue forward and head towards the second pipe where another cutscene will trigger. You'll encounter another enemy, the Swordipede. It's better to use Barret for this battle and have Cloud use magic attacks. Once it reaches half HP, it will go berserk, flee the area, and head towards Aerith, Tifa, and Red XIII's position. You'll automatically switch to the ladies and you'll have to finish it off. If you want to access the menu before this next phase of combat starts, hold square when indicated during the cutscene. Quickly switch to Aerith for this battle to use her ranged and magical attacks.
- Successfully defeating this enemy will reward you with 5 SP, 900 EXP, 12 AP, and 1x Force Bracelet.
- Playing as Tifa, head to the elevator that's now unlocked to progress the story.
- Source of the Sound
- Work your way inside the large pipe and flip the switch to unlock the door. You'll be able to rendezvous now with Cloud and Barret.
- At this point, you'll want to prepare for what's ahead. So make sure to check your active members' equipment, replenish HP and MP if needed, and if you're ready, ride the elevator and head to the roof.
- The Ominous Trail
- At the top, you'll find a trail of purple goo on the ground. Follow the trail towards the executive suite until you reach the President's Office. There's a nearby bench and vending machine that you can use. Might as well use it before proceeding any further.
- You'll find President Shinra hanging on the ledge near the helipad. A cutscene will then trigger when you approach him.
- Shortly after, you'll be teleported into an unknown section and you'll face the Jenova Dreamweaver.
- Defeat this boss to progress the story. The Jenova Dreamweaver rewards you with 2600 EXP, 10 AP, 1300 Gil, and 1x Astral Cuff.
- The Showdown
- After the cutscene, make sure to rest at the bench and use the nearby vending machine before heading to the top of the building.
- After the short cutscene, head back down and group up with the team on the helipad.
- Boss: Rufus and Darkstar
- Boss: The Arsenal
- As Barret and Aerith, you'll now have to fight another boss, The Arsenal.
- You'll have to destroy its barrier drones first to take out its shields so that you can damage it.
- It is weak to all magical elements. So focus on having Aerith using magical attacks against it.
- Successfully defeating it will reward you with 1300 EXP, 10 AP, and 1300 Gil.
- The Great Escape
- After the battle against The Arsenal, another cutscene will trigger which involves a great escape, which also completes Chapter 17.
- Notes, Tips, and other info goes here