|Ability Type||Assess Materia|
|Effect||Reveal an enemy's strengths and weaknesses.|
Assess is an Ability in Final Fantasy VII Remake, it is a Materia Ability thta can be used by any Playable Character. In the remake, skills are found and linked with a Weapon or Materia, if a certain weapon or materia that has a skill is equipped by a certain character, the skill can be executed in battle and uses a certain number of the ATB charge to be triggered.
- ATB Cost: 1
- Proficiency Bonus: N/A
- Ability Type: Assess Materia
- Related Character: Any character
- Effect: Reveal an enemy's strengths and weaknesses.
How to Get Assess
- Equip the Assess Materia
- The Assess Materia is acquired when you meet and speak to Chadley for the first time.
Assess Notes & Tips
- Assess reveals the max and remaining HP of the target. It also reveals weaknesses, resistances, greater resistances, immunities, absorbed elements, their rewards, the items they can drop commonly and rarely, and the items that can be stolen from them.
- Once Assess is leveled up, it will Assess every enemy around the user instead of only the targeted one.
- Once an enemy has been assessed, all the information revealed can be read in the Bestiary, whenever the player wants.
- Players will need to fill up the ATB gauge in order to use a skill, on the other hand, skills can be improved through repeated use which fills up the proficiency gauge, once it is full, the skill becomes available at any given time, even when the weapon that has the skill is no longer equipped.