Arcane Ward is an Ability in Final Fantasy VII Remake, exclusively used by Aerith Gainsborough. In the remake, skills are found and linked with a Weapon or Materia, if a certain weapon or materia that has a skill is equipped by a certain character, the skill can be executed in battle and uses a certain number of the ATB charge to be triggered.
Arcane Ward Information
- ATB Cost: 1
- Ability Type: Weapon
- Related Character: Aerith Gainsborough
- Ability Duration: 180 seconds (3 minutes)
- Proficiency Bonus: Conjure a ward (one time only during activation).
- Effect: Conjure a ward. Attack spells cast within the ward will automatically be cast twice.
How to Get Arcane Ward
- This ability is learned from Aerith's Guard Stick.
- Arcane Ward's proficiency is easily raised by summoning the ward in a battle.
- When Arcane Ward's proficiency reaches 100%, it will become permanently available to Aerith without the need to equip the Guard Stick.
Arcane Ward Notes & Tips
- Arcane Ward greatly increases a character's damage output, as any offensive Magic Materia spell cast within it will be triggered twice in the same action. It is best used against bosses with exploitable elemental weaknesses.
- When any spell is cast from an Arcane Ward, its second use will deal less damage but use half of its normal MP cost.
- If paired with a HP Absorption or MP Absorption Materia, spells cast from within an Arcane Ward will greatly reduce the need for healing abilities and items.
- Players will need to fill up the ATB gauge in order to use a skill, on the other hand, skills can be improved through repeated use which fills up the proficiency gauge, once it is full, the skill becomes available at any given time, even when the weapon that has the skill is no longer equipped.